|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Job Ref||HD 4161|
The agency is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, employing over 20,000 people in over 100 countries around the world.
Their ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content & entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the Group in the UK, as they make the most of their new office. This sees all UK agencies and 1700 people come together under one roof, with one common purpose to further their mantra of bringing media and creative together.
The Digital Investment AD will work closely with the Head of Investment & Digital Activation to ensure we deliver best practice across trading & investment, digital activation and industry standards to deliver on both client and business objectives. As well as working across digital investment the role will feed into the Digital Community within the agency so it’s crucial that the candidate has strong digital knowledge across all platforms and tech knowledge around programmatic and has good communication skills to ensure they maximise the agencies digital output.
Trading & Investment
The Digital Investment AD will be expected to have strong knowledge of the market (including programmatic and technology suppliers) and to have a POV on new and existing supplier’s offerings & relevance to the business and our clients. The role requires the candidate to understand client’s strategies and ensure we can innovate to offer our client the best media investment partnerships.
They value the importance of best practice and are both JICWEB DTSG & IAB Gold Standard certified. To ensure they can continue to deliver best practice the candidate must have a deep understanding of digital planning & buying function across all channels to support the teams in implementation of best practice and minimum standards.
Although the role sits within the Value Team the candidate will be required to work closely with the Digital Community to ensure that both the investment strategy is delivered, and best practice implemented. With the Digital Community sitting across various agencies and teams including client planning, programmatic hub, social and performance teams it’s imperative that the candidate has exceptional communication skills and the ability to multitask and motivate peers.
This role offers the right candidate with a great opportunity to develop a wide, yet deep understanding of digital, coupled with a holistic understanding of a media business operates and to help shape the digital investment strategy and help build a digital community that is fit for the future.
Trading & Investment
- Assisting with the negotiation of trading deals across digital display, inc. programmatic, social, mobile, display and video.
- Maintaining key relationships with all trading partners to grow and enhance our reputation in the marketplace
- Evaluating group wide agency spends, and spotting opportunities for smarter ways of working
- Working closely and collaboratively with the heads of departments / platforms and the media teams to communicate Preferred Supplier List (PSL) and deliver on deals
- Managing process on new business pricing
- End to end process of deal management from contract negotiation through to invoicing and payment
- Work closely and collaboratively with client’s team and Trading Performance Manager to understand client’s price, value & PRF commitments and ensure deals parameters are in place to deliver these
- Work with Digital planners across both media and financial audits
- Managing the submission process for IAB Gold Standard, JICWEBS DTSG, TAG anti-fraud certification
- Working with HOI & Digital Community to implement & deliver on all best practice initiatives
- Innovate: Build a strong understanding of in-market & emerging opportunities, share these internally and work with teams to activate these across our client base
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of digital media space, including attending industry events.
Who they're looking for in the candidate:
- In depth knowledge of the digital marketplace is essential, including programmatic & ad-tech
- Knowledge of other media channels preferable
- Strong buying and negotiation skill
- Strong media owner relationships
- Commercially aware, understanding how agencies, and media owners generate revenue
- Good communication & relationship management
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Innovative & dynamic
- Attention to detail