|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Temporary / Contract
|Job Ref||HD 4165|
Job title: Managing Partner, Paid Search
Reporting to: Group Managing Partner, Performance
Key Interdependent Relationships: Clients, internal departments (digital, media, analytics, finance, people, creative and accounts) and media owners / suppliers
Location: London, UK
Our client is a leading global media agency with global billings of $40bn+, offices in over 100 countries, and 10,000 people servicing an incomparable client list containing many more global relationships than any other media agency.
They set the standard in media agency work, evidenced by topping the Gunn Report which tracks performance across all leading award schemes globally, for 10 years running including being the most awarded agency at the Cannes Lions over the last 5 years and also the leading agency for the Effies effectiveness index, again over the last 5 years.
Innovation is what they do and how they do it – empowering great people, inside great teams and partnerships, to produce great work.
Their performance team is committed to delivering unparalleled Search, Social and Biddable programmes that deliver incremental, measurable business results for its wide range of clients.
They are passionate about hiring and developing the best talent from across the world and using the best digital advertising technology and practices.
About the role
This is an opportunity for a talented senior Paid Search professional to work with some of the most extraordinary, innovative and powerful brands in the world. Working directly into the Performance Strategy Director, EMEA you will lead Paid Search activation across a team of circa 50 specialists, as part of a wider strategic digital team including an Ecommerce Director and respective channel heads for Social, Affiliates and Programmatic.
This is a very important role within the agency, growing a very strong team and ensuring that it capitalises on the ongoing growth potential in this area – both strategically and commercially. The role includes strategic and commercial responsibility and requires a senior experienced Search practitioner with a high level of knowledge in search, combined with strong people management skills and a proven record in maintaining and building client relationships.
What you’ll be doing:
• Overall responsibility for financial and strategic growth of Paid Search offering
• Commercially responsible for contracts, fee structures and finances for all Search clients, as well as forecasting and reporting on the department's income
• Maintain strong relationships with key vendor partners, search engines and technology suppliers to stay ahead of latest market trends and developments. This will extend to managing tech suppliers and auditing new ones; e.g. bid management platforms, analytics platforms
• Responsible for Paid Search accounts from a senior perspective; relationships with key senior clients – both Search and broader stakeholders. This will include working with the Performance Strategy Director to ensure strategic integration with other channels on those accounts, particularly SEO, Programmatic and Social
• Responsible for new business – Search specific pitches, Search as part of wider pitches and also Search projects for clients
• Responsible for overall delivery of work and quality of work from PPC teams driving forward best practice
• Growing the Search product including integration with other departments and identifying growth areas such as TV syncing, CRM integration with PPC and how these can be developed. Providing clients with game changing projects and strategic innovations linked to accounts’ critical priorities
• Department management, vision and structure ensuring team members’ career progression and the happiness of client teams
• Planning and controlling the distribution of resources and recruiting senior members of staff according to the needs of the business whilst maintaining the responsibility of ‘key contact’ amongst the team and clients
• Responsible for external PR through own presence as well as promoting the team members
• Operating at a group level with other group agencies (both in the UK and Globally) to drive Search excellence and opportunities. A key driver in the Paid Search operations and implementation for EMEA (23 markets). Working alongside local market leaders on the creation of planning methodology, set-up, optimisation and checking processes to ensure market-leading innovative campaigns for the entire client portfolio
Success indicators and measures:
• Leading, taking responsibility and ensuring the provision of high quality PPC services
• Developing strategic operational plans for the EMEA PPC business
• Delivering the operating and forecasted financial results
• Ensuring that objectives and standards of performance are understood and owned by colleagues
• Ensure a high ‘value add’ ratio for all Digital client teams
• Managing Partner account team feedback and formal review by Performance Strategy Director
• Development of Paid Search product offering and delivery
• Staff retention and development
Essential skills, strengths and experience:
• Operational experience of running a team (e.g. resourcing, revenue management, etc.)
• A demonstrable, impassioned and compelling opinion on the state of Paid Search – today and tomorrow
• Hands on approach and passion for training and mentoring others
• Ability to motivate and lead a large team
• Proactive approach to work
• Ability to sell Paid Search internally and externally
• A highly organised individual with an analytical approach to work
• Excellent presentation skills to be utilised both internally & externally
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Good sense of humour, intelligence and great personality
• Experience of delivering international campaigns is an advantage