|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Salary||To £50,000 (dep on exp)|
Role & Clients: This is a leadership role working across the agency client portfolio. The Director will be the key senior Display contact for their Business Directors, Planners and Clients, and manage a team of 2x Account Managers and 4x Execs.
The role would suit a candidate that is looking for a leadership role, and that is excited by getting stuck in to a variety of challenges, As the Display Director, would be expected to oversee the team’s delivery on the above clietns as well as being directly involved with their key Display accounts
This vacancy is an opportunity to join the Display Investment team, which is responsible for planning and buying both Digital and Print Media. The team is comprised of 30+ individuals with diverse skills and expertise across the media and technology landscape. Display Investment works in close collaboration with Communications Planners, and other Activation Teams to help design integrated solutions to our clients’ communications challenges. Members of the team are aligned to key client brands, and expected to build strong direct relationships through impeccable servicing, high quality product, and transformational proactive ideas.
The Investment Team represent the Agency, and their Clients, in the Media and Technology Marketplace. Individuals are expected to have a detailed knowledge of market dynamics, and also the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers and third parties. The team are not only skilled in traditional planning and negotiation, but responsible for designing programmatic solutions for our clients. Working alongside dedicated programmatic traders, the Display team are responsible for evaluating new inventory sources/ data suppliers/ technology partners on behalf of their clients.
With a broad client base that spans categories such as Retail, Automotive, Travel, Finance and Entertainment, the Display Investment Team are skilled in answering a wide variety of briefs. The team is responsible for both Brand and Performance activations, flagship launches and tactical campaigns, and are able to deliver at a regional, national, and global level. This gives the successful candidate huge opportunity to learn and develop within the team, as well contribute their own knowledge, expertise, and point of view.
Responsibilities and Attributes:
They are looking for someone who can come in and immediately make an impact. This person should exude confidence and be able to motivate, educate and develop a large team. Whilst the successful candidate will be well supported, it is expected that they should be able to ‘hit the ground running’, and for the most part be able to manage their team autonomously, and be the key Senior contact for Planning and Clients.
At Director level you will ideally have had valuable exposure to a broad range of channels and activations (Print / Digital / Brand / Performance / etc.), although this is not essential to have worked across all these areas. For this specific role, a combination Digital and Print publisher experience is preferred. Although we will consider individuals from either background, Digital leadership will be a key requirement for the successful candidate
As a Director, key responsibilities will be
• Lead senior-level meetings concerning campaign activity e.g. QBRs / Buying Reviews / next year’s Strategy
• Be the first point of call for all Display workflows associated around new business pitching inclusive of commercial responses, written RFIs and involvement in pitches
• Seamlessly running of accounts: best in class planning product in Print and Digital Display, ‘zero issues policy’, no queries, no missed deadlines
• Develop contact strategy with senior clients; appreciation of their objectives and different approaches required
• Inform clients/ planning of innovative opportunities as soon as they are in market
• Always strive for the best solution: a story from start to finish, considered, insightful, collaborative
• Developing Investment startegies and client specific deals that drive efficiency and delivery of core Business/ Media KPIs
• Smart solutions that achieve KPIs, measured against agreed benchmarks, and have solid commercial rationale
• Lead non-core client workflows, such as scoping new projects and initiatives e.g. DMP selection/ measurement framework, etc.
• Full understanding of programmatic capabilities, and an ability to talk independently about opportunities in client meetings and with team
• Proactively work with internal teams to build client solutions
• Good relationships with BDs and senior contacts; be their first point of contact - work closely with BD to input to annual budget planning
• Driving commercial delivery for your Client(s)
• Excellent relationships with senior level trading partner contacts
• Lead the development of clear individual responsibilities/ structured training plans/ team competence/ KPI setting of your team
• Create fun: the team should be a fun, collaborative and productive environment to work
• Be a leader: inspire, be a role model, guide, show the way
• Ensure your team is adhering to all processes
Requirements for the successful candidate:
• Ideally 6+ years relevant experience in planning consumer facing Print or Digital Campaigns
• Full comprehensive understanding of both the print and digital marketplace, inclusive of ad-tech and programmatic opportunities (although programmatic trading experience is not a requirement)
• Extensive experience of managing teams, inclusive of individuals with 3+ years’ experience
• Proven record of driving value for clients (hitting client KPIs and audit beating results) and a strong demonstration of commercial understanding
• Excellent relationships with senior media owners and 3rd party suppliers
• The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; working under pressure and prioritise workload
• Excellent English communication skills – written and spoken
Preferred experience :
• Experience in the delivering Performance campaigns and in depth understanding of how ad tech can be used to deliver performance outcomes (category experience such as Finance, Travel, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of Programmatic activation