|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Job Ref||HD 3835|
Our client is one of the top media agencies in the world with global billings of $40bn+, offices in over 100 countries, and 10,000 people servicing a client list with more global relationships than any other media agency. They set the standard in media agency work, evidenced by topping the Gunn Report which tracks performance across all leading award schemes globally, for 10 years running including being the most awarded agency at the Cannes Lions over the last 5 years and also the leading agency for the Effies effectiveness index, again over the last 5 years.
The EMEA team based leads the evolution and execution of their promise against c.$20bn of client investment within and across the most demanding and complex region in the world. They are #1 in EMEA and must continue to innovate at scale and pace to ensure that position is maintained. Innovation in what they do and how they do it – empowering great people, inside great teams and partnerships, to produce great work.
Our client is hiring an Account Manager to work across the operational and strategic requirements for their toy and games client. Specific activation (e.g. Amazon Media Sales) is handled by a separate team within the agency.
For 2019, they're building a larger team, including: Managing Partner, Account Director (your line manager) and Strategy Director
They work closely with the agencies and clients teams (based respectively out of New York and Rhode Island) in delivering strategic guidelines, competitive reporting, best practice sharing and co-ordination of the EMEA markets. They are expected to work as a strategic partner rather than a supplier of services.
• Day to day key contact for specific clients, across their Boys, Girls and Games portfolios
• Ensuring Global media guidelines and best practice are share with and implemented in market
• Working with the team on a series of broader strategic projects. This might include analytics modelling to help decide budget allocations or helping to develop dashboarding and reporting capabilities.
• Co-ordination of media activity with local markets – ensuring both their portal and within that local market activity is captured efficiently and accurate
• Assisting in development of presentations to clients and internal teams
• Supporting the agency and client in opportunities for greater collaboration
• Preparation for internal and client-facing media summits
• Some EMEA travel requirements (occasional)
• An account Direct. This will be the primary reporting line
Learning & Development
• Development opportunities will be provided for the candidate to improve their strategic thinking and explore opportunities for Multi Market Activations. You will work with the strategy director to expand your knowledge and skills
• Spend time with investment and digital teams, particularly the EMEA e-commerce team UK team to understand more deeply how campaigns are developed and planned
• Working with the Talent team, develop management skills further over the next 12 months. In Year 1 attend 5 week training programme
• International media experience essential, with a strong planning & media presentations background.
• Knowledge of current media landscape across EMEA, especially digital media, is important
• Adept at keeping on top of best practises & industry news
• Knowledge of the broadcast TV landscape, Pay-TV environment and new competitors such as Netflix helpful, but not essential
• Knowledge of the kids media landscape also helpful, but not essential