|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
A fantastic radio sales company who represent many stations. They pride themselves on being a friendly, professional and dynamic company that strives to go the extra mile for clients and the radio stations they work with. They have a lively, energetic, driven team with a strong focus on a team-led ethos, whilst giving each team member the freedom and support to grow and develop in their role and in the company.
For their clients, they strive to be as creative, proactive and knowledgeable as possible about the radio stations and the media market, while making everything as simple as possible for clients, and offering exceptional customer service.
Main function of the job
Account managing a portfolio of agencies.
Working within trading parameters and selling commercial airtime and digital (online and mobile) solutions.
Selling to Agency Buying Teams and Strategic Planning Departments across your portfolio.
Working closely with Solutions Team to achieve cross pollination of revenue opportunities for the portfolio.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Maximising revenue and yield from agency portfolio
• Representing the company and the client stations to an agreed agency portfolio
• Ensuring agency personnel are kept constantly updated on station developments
• Maintaining extensive contacts at all levels of agency personnel, including radio/digital teams, buying teams, and key strategy & comms planning teams
• To complete an average minimum of 5 agency-facing meetings per week
• Maintaining a thorough understanding of all clients in your agency portfolio, including business objectives, spending patterns, media selection and market challenges
• To have an excellent knowledge of agency developments including pitches, account changes and personnel changes
• To win new business, maximise existing business and sell the benefits of all the portfolio, including websites
• Responding to agency airtime enquiries and briefs promptly and providing the highest level of customer service, as well as upselling airtime and digital solutions
• Keep up to date with the wider media market
• Attend regular sales meetings and have informed knowledge of client activity
• Maintaining records of airtime/digital schedules and ensuring repeat business is increased wherever possible
• Updating weekly forecasting and meeting reports as well as client spend analysis as required for your agency portfolio
• Creating and updating business plans for each allocated agency
• Mentoring planners to ensure their development
• Championing best practice
• Utilising insight and analysis to identify opportunities to grow revenue and improve the shape of the business taken
• To collaborate with the Solutions team and other departments as relevant to maximise the overall revenue to the business
Core Competencies and experience
The ability to prioritise a demanding work load in a busy trading environment
Experience of account management and presenting to a team of people
An effective negotiator at all levels
To be a team player with a 360 degree approach to day to day operations
Excellent numerical skills with the ability to think on your feet in meetings
Demonstrable skills in selling media opportunities, and a strong understanding of the media market
A deep understanding of the UK radio market and company product are essential.
A motivational approach to training and coaching of an Account Planner
Must be organised with an acute attention to detail
The ability to handle agency objections
To take a solution based approach to client briefs and seek out ways to grow the opportunity
Qualifications / Education Required
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English.
3+ years media and sales experience, having extensively worked with media agencies
Excellent MS Office Skills
Excellent telephone manner and face to face sales experience, as well as all-round communication skills
Organised, personable and sociable
Proactive and ambitious attitude with a willingness to drive the day to day selling, as well as having a long-term view of their agency patch
Lead by example
Interested in company developments and the media industry as a whole
Thrives on a busy sales floor, with a can-do attitude
A track record of building strong agency relations and closing deals