|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Salary||To £45,000 (dep on exp) + bonus|
The company a key player in the global growth of podcasts. They match great podcasters to great advertisers who understand the unique benefits offered by podcast ads. They are looking for an account director to join the UK Sales Team with a focus on selling podcast advertising, including live reads, sponsorships and spot ads across their represented podcasts.
This is an exciting role in a fast growing industry. They are looking for an experienced sales person to manage and grow their existing client base and to help win new business. You will work with the sales management to help develop account strategies and educate the market on podcasting. This is perfect role for someone who thrives on developing brand partnerships and is passionate about the future of audio advertising. The ideal candidate will be motivated by hitting sales targets but is also a team player.
Role and responsibilities
- Selling podcast advertising including live reads, sponsorships and spot ads across company represented podcasts.
- Identifying new business opportunities with potential brands and agencies.
- Responding to briefs and preparing engaging presentations.
- Closing sales deals.
- Building and maintaining relationships with agencies and brands as their main point of contact.
- Working with sales support staff, content and finance team to ensure campaigns are booked, fulfilled, and invoiced properly
- Working with the wider sales team to consistently achieve UK sales targets.
- Liaising with company's US and Rest of World sales teams as necessary
- Educating advertisers and brands on podcasting
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of company inventory and the digital and audio advertising market.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Previous experience is sales - minimum +5 years
- Established relationships with media agency planners/buyers and direct clients is essential
- Great customer service ethos
- An interest in podcasting and audio would be advantageous.
- Experience in creating Powerpoint presentations.
- Works well under their own initiative to create new business leads.
- Motivated by hitting sales targets.
- Strong networking skills.
- Excellent organisational skills