|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
|Salary||£45,000 plus benefits|
Account Director (Activation)
Major Outdoor Specialist
£45,000 plus benefits
Why this Job?
Great opportunity at a major outdoor specialist (a global leader).They stay constantly at the
forefront of the fast-changing world of global communications. The role is varied working across
many sectors and brands. They offer great career progression. If you're passionate about brands and feel you have the skills and drive to make a difference, you could have a brilliant future at this
Why this Company?
One of the world’s largest planner and buyers of Out of Home media and a global leader in
understanding how brands can connect with people’s lifestyles and the environments they engage
They manage clients’ investment to ensure the best advertiser value from communications. To achieve
this, they integrate core planning and buying services with distinct and specialist business units to
deliver effective communication.
As a leading global agency focusing on lifestyle and environments media, their people are the most
important asset. Training and talent development are at the core of the company.
They pride themselves on offering all their people a structured and bespoke training programme,
which is designed to challenge, motivate and ensure they provide best in class service to clients.
Key Purpose of Role:
The Activation Department is responsible for the planning and buying of OOH solutions on behalf of all agencies and clients.
Account Directors are experienced Activators who work closely with clients/agencies and their team to plan and buy campaigns for clients/agencies in their team and to develop good relationships with media owners.
Account Directors are expected to help deliver the departmental objectives, grow billings and deliver business opportunities.
The Account Director oversees and manages Senior Account Managers, Account Managers and Account Executives.
Account Directors are expected to collaborate and share learning and experiences with the wider Activation department and to contribute as an active member of the business.
Overview of Key Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Duties:
• Promote offering to clients and agencies and identify ways of driving more revenue
• Helping to ensure the team are providing clients/agencies with the highest level of service, delivering on criteria in service charters/hitting or exceeding KPIs.
• Checks teams are delivering on all elements of service charters and updating booking systems to ensure campaign systems are up to date
• Develops new ways of servicing the needs of clients and agencies and delegate responsibility accordingly
• Takes responsibility for resolving any client or campaign issues
• Experience in managing and motivating their team to ensure they are delivering effective OOH solutions for clients
• Working to place creativity at the heart of the company’s offering – either through promoting data led planning or driving innovation and technology
• Demonstrates regular and effective use of all industry tools and systems and training others where applicable. Participating in defining requirements to enhance tools and systems
• Have an in-depth understanding of planning philosophy and ensure this is followed at all times by team members and they are using all elements of the planning process
• Promote and collaborate with internal teams to educate clients and agencies externally on the benefits of converging OOH with mobile, digital, social and more established media
• Grow and develop clients’ business on OOH and ensure tasks are delegated where appropriate
• Getting involved in Client Audits and working with Trading and Investment
• Showcases best practice planning to the team and monitors the quality of output
• Build excellent rapport and relationships with Media Owners
• Experienced at negotiating pricing and booking campaigns
• Able to quote planning and buying rates and option and buy campaigns
• Can co-ordinate short-term opportunities and monitor spend commitments with key media owners to ensure targets are met.
• Demonstrating knowledgeable opinion on vendor news and activity
• Experienced in resolving challenging client issues and team issues
• Oversee Senior Account Managers, Account Managers and the development of Account Executives
• Undertake annual appraisals and regular performance reviews to review and manage performance effectively
• Undertakes basic coaching and feedback
• Positively motivate the team and lead by example
• Oversee and assist with internal recruitment requirements with the support of HR/Talent Team
• Acts as a mentor and sounding board for more junior staff
• Gets involved in the wider business; helping with training, forums, agency initiatives, business opportunities, developing others, developing tools and systems, creative ideas, internal and external events etc.
Key Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Experience):
• Can identify new revenue opportunities and develop new business
• Can accurately budget and forecast
• Able to manage profitability
• Good numeracy
Leadership / Managerial
• Good people management skills in managing performance, objective setting, dealing with conflict, discipline and absence issues, recruitment, onboarding, reviewing roles, giving feedback
• Competent coach and demonstrates in the role
• Provides guidance and assistance
• Manages people as individuals and understands how to develop personal strengths
• Effectively delegates workload
• Acts as a mentor to more junior team members
• Motivating team player, happy to take the lead as required
• Leads by example
• Displays empathy and good emotional intelligence
Digital / Technical Skills
• Good understanding and use of MS Office /Windows – Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Able to use internal technical tools – picks up new technology and systems well
• Excellent understanding of social media and internet
• Actively works to develop an understanding of digital developments through reading, seminars and attending learning, development and training
Industry and Internal Knowledge
• Broad knowledge of the communications industry, other media and media planning principles such as POE – and OOH’s role
• Have a strong understanding of planning processes and the ability to articulate these to clients, agencies and media owners at a senior level
• GCSEs – to include English and Maths (A to C)
• Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard
• University degree
To apply contact Nikki Shack on email@example.com or call 07824 549403 immediately!