|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
|Salary||To £35,000 (dep on exp) + bonus|
To implement the sales strategy for some beautiful/ upmarket lifestyle magazine, maximising advertising revenues and profits. Working collaboratively with clients and colleagues to build the brand equity and safeguard the reputation of the group of magazines which operate alongside you in the market.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Contact potential clients, usually over the telephone but also in a face to face environment (client presentations, client days out, business lunches / dinners), to describe potential advertising opportunities.
• Achieve your monthly, quarterly and annual personal sales targets. Lead from the front.
• Coach and organise your team to achieve the required team and issue sales targets.
• Build the brands level of new business. Retain and grow existing business. Increase series bookings and yield.
• Account management of a client base ensuring that the clients’ needs are being catered for and that they are happy with the service and response. You will review their existing spend and build on the relationship to maximise sales opportunities.
• Attend meetings to ensure your clients are fully aware of all potential advertising, promotion and sponsorship opportunities and to cement your relationship with them for the long term.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market place you work in, including regular analysis of competitor activity and identifying opportunities for new product development and new revenue streams.
• Attend industry networking events, exhibitions, seminars and conferences to build awareness of your industry and meet potential and existing clients.
• Work closely with the editorial features team to ensure all leads are covered and relevant information exchanged to the benefit of all.
• Work closely with production and digital teams to ensure advertisements are placed into the correct products, in the right place and at the right time and on the correct websites pages at the correct time, according to your clients’ wishes.
• Keep accurate records of sales, contacts and deals.
• Ensure all bookings have the required confirmations in place. Liaise with Accounts to ensure all payment queries are handled efficiently.
• Ensure the office runs smoothly and is a happy and productive place to work
Skills/ Experience Required
Experience in selling magazines and has experience managing a team/desk in media sales.
1-3 years experience in the magazine market with client or agency experience, but must be capable of operating at a senior level and able to develop a clear strategy and work with minimal supervision.
Proven track record in digital sales predominately across display advertising
Strong negotiation skills
Excellent communicator, experienced at delivering presentations to groups and 1:1
Self motivated and proactive attitude
Competent at MS Office - Powerpoint, Word and Excel