|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
|Salary||£45,000 plus attractive bonus and benefits|
Associate Director - Agency
£45,000 and a bonus with attractive benefits
The leading outdoor company with offices across Europe, APAC and The States is recruiting for an Associate Director (Agency). The successful candidate would be joining a renowned and innovative outdoor business.
This role is expected to evolve as digital out of home advances. You will be expected to adopt a change mindset that leads, encourages and supports this business growth and evolution.
You will be encouraged and expected to partner with different clients, agencies and specialists the company work with as the business grows, to allow for greater agility and to broaden development opportunities for continued career progression.
As an Associate Director you are accountable for the performance of Media Agency-driven business, you are responsible for, managing and delivering strategic agency partnerships, creating professional and profitable relationships with Partners generating maximum revenue for the Company.
You will act as an expert in your field. In partnership with the Head of Sales – Agency and the Director of Activation and Implementation, you will contribute to and execute the strategy and activity of the Media Agency team and the achievement of key objectives.
You are an ambassador for the company and as such, you are recognised for and expected to demonstrate behaviour which expresses values and celebrates others who do the same.
• Build relationships with Media Agencies, Clients and Specialists to grow revenue
• Show awareness of strengths and weaknesses of other media and a detailed understanding of clients’ business, marketing and media objectives.
• Devise Media Agency development strategies, sales reporting, and revenue forecasts to hit pre-determined revenue targets.
• Lead the diversification of the customer base across multiple Agencies and organisations.
• Focus efforts and time on the development and performance of the Agency business.
• Own relationships with specific Media Agency accounts with a sound knowledge of the portfolio to influence activity and planning decisions towards the OOH market and the company specifically, and to ensure proactive pitching to Media Agencies is effective.
Team Management and Motivation:
• Oversee recruitment, development, motivation, and management of team members
• Support the Head of Sales - Agency and represent the team in their absence.
• Influence strategy and goals in own area based on business needs and priorities in the medium to long term and translates these strategies into deliverable objectives and actions.
• Lead and advocate the wider adoption of the established business and commercial policies to enable the company to achieve the business strategy
Future Sales Leader:
• A visionary who can inspire colleagues and clients to bring new revenues in from other media.
• Ability to engage, lead and influence others to drive business growth and the company’s position in the marketplace.
• Lead the diversification of the customer base across multiple agencies and organisations, sharing best practise.
• Maintain expert up to date market knowledge and a thorough understanding of your clients’ business marketing strategies and media objectives to ensure that this company is their first-choice partner in OOH advertising.
• To build and maintain effective internal working relationships with key stakeholders.
• To act as the two-way conduit for marketplace insight between agencies and specialist teams and manage a smooth transition from; responding to a brief, booking the campaign, right through to excellent after sales service.
• To identify new business opportunities by actively networking by attending industry events and conferences.
• Actively building your agency network by attending industry events and conferences.
• Internally and externally recognised as a best practice sales expert within your area and experienced at providing input to the selling strategy.
• Expert negotiation and sales closing skills.
• Keep up to date with the market and competitor media landscape (across media channels) to challenge the status quo and drive market-leading innovation and revenue growth.
• Manages own time and that of others on key objectives
• Develops effective medium to long term project plans for own area.
• Challenges the status quo and looks for and removes constraints on getting things done effectively
• Promotes an agile approach so that aims are achieved in the most successful way.
• Proactively works to improve the performance of the department and business
• Addresses complex issues or problems within the team in a timely manner
• Anticipates skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the role and continuously seeks to learn and develop these
• Follows up on delegated work and collaborates across departments to ensure delivery on commitments
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• Acts as a facilitator and mentor, encouraging dialogue between team members so that they understand the links between their ideas.
• Gets to the root of what the team think or feel about an issue or plan and encourages others to work effectively with people with diverse styles and backgrounds
• A key technical contributor and leader
• Explains/ presents complex ideas clearly and with passion
• Anticipates potential objections and prepares accordingly; presenting ideas in a tactful and convincing manner
• Negotiates effectively to achieve the desired outcome in complex situations
Thinking and Problem Solving:
• Develops and refines innovative solutions to complex problems
• Develops and shares innovative approaches; considering the wider impact and implications for the business
• Makes timely and sound decisions regarding complex issues
• Ensures others understand the long-term implications of decisions
• Supports and leads implementation of large scale change
Qualifications and Experience:
• Highly experienced in media (and preferably digital and OOH media) trading and management
• Proven in-depth sales generation, negotiation, account management skills and experiences, preferably within the digital and OOH media marketplace
• Demonstrable experience managing (leading) and motivating large teams to deliver to time, quality and budget under operational pressure and to tight deadlines
• Leads customer service and commercially-focused teams, including recruitment and performance management
• Has extensive understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market or the needs/challenges of assigned accounts
• Demonstrable capability/experience:
• Develop colleagues' and customers' understanding
• Act as an expert in the management and delivery of customer campaigns from objective translation into booking and through to implementation
• Success working with complex or high-profile sales or account management processes as manager
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
Contact Steven Dear on email@example.com or call 07818 566640 to apply now!