|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
|Salary||To £55,000 (dep on exp) + bonus|
This is a fantastic opportunity at a leading out door company to take responsibility for the management of trading service delivery and performance, including adoption levels, SLAs, capability and process.
The role also includes day to day management of the Trading Account Directors, Managers and Planners; Supports the Management of the workload and performance of the Trading Team.
• Working under guidance from the Director of Commercial and Head of Trading and Head of Trading Operations
• Responsible for the management of trading performance, including SLAs.
• Day to day management of the Trading Team; Manages the workload and performance of the relevant Trading Account Directors, Managers and Planners.
• Oversees the application of the trading strategy, business rules, targeting and route to market strategies within the trading activity, working in close collaboration with the Trading Management Team.
• Day to day involvement in managing the relationship with Partners for all aspects of trading.
• Training and support for Partners in the use of trading platforms and processes to complete bookings.
• Liaison with Sales and Trading Management teams.
• Input to defining and overseeing implementation of the business trading strategy, including proposition and product management, service delivery and capability development.
• Oversight and initial escalation point for resolution of trading performance and issues resulting, including system performance, data integrity and governance, process optimisation.
• Ensuring compliance of trading to company and market strategy and expectations.
• Manages many high profile accounts spanning broad geographic areas, representing significant revenue and having diverse and complex needs.
• Negotiates sales terms with moderate discretion within policy guidelines.
• Has broad authority/opportunity to set and negotiate product/service terms.
• Plans trading approach and has input into colleagues' approaches; manages own and often others' resources
• Manages own time and that of others on key objectives
• Develops effective medium to long term project plans for own area.
• Challenges the status quo and looks for and removes (or reduce) constraints on getting things done effectively
• Promotes an agile approach and reduces ineffectiveness or inefficiency so that aims are achieved in the most successful way.
• Proactively works to improve the performance of the department and business
• Addresses complex issues or problems within the team/function in a timely manner
• Anticipates skills, knowledge and behaviours required of role and continuously seeks to learn and develop these
• Follows up on delegated work and collaborates across departments to ensure delivery on commitments
Communication and interpersonal skills
• Acts as a facilitator and mentor, encouraging dialogue between groups/ team members so that they understand the links between their ideas
• Gets to the root of what the groups/ team think or feel about an issue or plan and encourages others to work effectively with people with diverse styles and backgrounds
• A key technical contributor and leader
• Creates formal networks internally and externally, i.e. part of a formal industry network
• Explains/ presents complex ideas clearly and with passion
• Anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly; presenting ideas in a tactful and convincing manner
• Builds support for ideas through persuasion and consensus-building and intervenes in difficult situations to resolves disagreements and conflict with others constructively
• Negotiates effectively to achieve the desired outcome in complex situations
Thinking and Problem Solving
• Develops and refines innovative solutions to complex problems
• Develops and shares innovative approaches; considering the wider impact and implications for the business
• Makes timely and sound decisions regarding complex issues
• Influences strategy and goals in own area based on business needs and priorities in the medium to long term and translates these strategies into deliverable objectives and actions
• Ensures others understand the long-term implications of decisions
• Supports implementation of large scale change
Qualifications and Experience
Highly experienced in media (and preferably digital and OOH media) trading and management
Leads small to medium commercially-focused teams, but without supervisory authority
Has a rapidly maturing understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market or the needs/challenges of assigned accounts
Demonstrable capability/experience to:
Develop colleagues' and customers' understanding
Act as a recognized as an expert in the management and delivery of customer campaigns from objective translation into booking and through to
Success working with complex or high-profile territory/account, products/services, sales or account management process; serves as team lead
Educated to degree level or equivalent