|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Salary||To £45,000 (dep on exp)|
This role is key to the agency's offering as a strategic and insight led communications planning agency.
Working across a range of UK & Global Network clients, it will be your responsibility to deliver insight leadership in the form of consultancy, recommendations, research project delivery and actionable insights. You will also be the Insight lead on a major FMCG in the UK. Your aim will be to deliver direct revenue via out-of-scope research projects and indirectly via client delivery as part of the fee paying services provided. To ensure this happens you will need to embed yourself with the allocated clients’ businesses by working closely with the relevant planning teams, and crucially, developing direct relationships with the client’s marketing and/or insight teams.
You will also need to be an expert on media research issues and be able to form clear opinion on a wide range of consumer and media developments and communicate these with clients.
You will also be involved in the development and execution of consumer intelligence approaches incorporating ‘insight’ and ‘data’: typically panel research combined with digital behavioral and 3rd party data sources.
A big part of this role will involve working in pitches. Insight development is a fundamental element in any pitch and the candidate will need to deliver best in class primary research and viewpoints from secondary research to create inspirational insights to support the strategic recommendations. We want insight through research to win us Starcom pitches.
Working in the Insight team, this is part of dynamic team of Insight generalists and specialists. They service client needs across UK and International business. The Associate Insight Director role reports into the Insight Director at Starcom & has responsibility for managing a Research Executive.
• Provide consultancy for planning teams and agency clients on consumer and media insight needs
• Development of research project proposals, using proprietary or bespoke methodology approaches
• Independent project management of qualitative and quantitative research projects
• Complete execution of quantitative media research projects: development of questionnaires, creation of online survey, evaluation of the raw data with SPSS, design of final presentation of results
• Expert on all in-house insight tools: acquiring necessary knowledge of functionality, conducting training sessions for planners and buyers, driving their usage, further development of the tools in co-ordination with international network
• Championing the wider Data Sciences vision and product internally and externally
• Responsibility for co-development, management and delivery of combined insight and data solutions
• Analysis and interpretation of project based data as well as relevant secondary data
• Presentation of project concepts and project results for our internal and external clients
• Responsibility for selling-in and determining pricing policy for proprietary and bespoke research solutions
• Leadership and project management of research studies
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods,
• Understanding of statistical techniques used in consumer research and data analysis
• Good understanding of current media, communications and marketing issues and landscape
• Good perspective on, and engagement with, broad consumer and cultural dynamics
• Broad understanding of digital behavioral data providers and their potential
• Ability to analyse and interpret data
• Ability to accurately communicate the findings (written or verbally) in a benefit-focused manner
• Good presentation skills for client and pitch presentations
• Ability to work in a team collaboratively
• Strong problem solving, flexible thinking and multi-tasking abilities
• Proactive and curious with a passion for research and awareness of new research techniques
• A mindset of viewing research as critical to business growth, not a function
• Research/insight team experience at a media agency, research agency or media owner
• Comprehensive experience of full project management of primary quantitative research studies
• Familiarity of targeting and consumer segmentation techniques and tracking surveys
• SPPS experience, intermediate or above
• Ideal, but not essential
o International research experience
o Strong knowledge of qualitative techniques