|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Salary||To £60,000 (doe)|
A new opportunity for a EU/UK B2B Associate Director has now open on a major electronics Global account at a leading agency. You’ll be working on one of the most dynamic and exciting brands in the agency, managing the daily delivery and optimization across their B2B vertical .
As the Associate Director, you will report directly into a Business Director, and will be a key member in the team leading all strategy, planning, & coordination for initiatives that fall within B2B for both the agency UK team as well as any Pan Regional Activity in the EU.
You will also have exposure across different media channels on a full service team, working on cross platforms campaigns, including digital/social/mobile, TV, print and outdoor advertising.
The agency International department is unique to the agency. We are regional headquarters for all of agency regionally and globally owned businesses in EMEA. The International team works across multiple markets and continents with a breadth of unique individuals that have different backgrounds and specialties.
The team consists of individuals with different backgrounds, skill-sets and interests who are united by their passion for understanding people and the motivation power of different types of communication.
They are a work hard, play hard crowd that is committed to delivering best in class for clients’ business. They constantly strive to push boundaries in regards to communications, balancing our reporting and detailed analytics with our clients’ unique and demanding ways of working. Quick turn-arounds can be the rule not the exception, and having a solid team behind the product helps make it manageable on a day to day basis. We must and do love what we do.
• Design, create, and sell-in tech/business audience partnerships and programs in alignment with each flagship product launch.
• Support Global SVP in NY & UK Business Director in streamlining Strategy and Operation process for Pan Regional EU markets regarding B2B campaigns.
• Liaise with multiple global, regional, and local teams to extend Activation programs throughout the global network for each partnership and program.
• Provide client-specific consultation on opportunities that can be scaled to EU markets, such as trends, technologies and best practices.
• Grow approach to cross-platform integrations, especially when it comes to TV and digital, social, and mobile by developing recommendations at least each quarter custom for Samsung Mobile.
• Identify and evaluate new-to-market opportunities, vendors/partners, and technologies on monthly basis, providing opportunities to clients on monthly (or more frequent) basis.
• Assist creative brainstorming and ideation for new campaigns, integrating innovation and cross media integration that help the client achieve their marketing goals.
• Design, socialize, and leverage clear decision frameworks for each initiative and/or decision.
The ideal candidate should have at least 6 years of media planning/buying experience.
They could come from a media agency/communications agency background or from another marketing discipline, provided they can demonstrate they have the skills and knowledge required:
The agency expect the candidate to have the following skills:
• Experience in developing communication strategy and seeing a brief through from start to finish, with an understanding of the information, skills, capabilities required from a team to deliver this effectively.
• B2B Experience not required, Tech experience a plus
• Strong communication skills and ability to adapt to client needs and evolving briefs and situations.
• Ability to activate Display campaigns from start to finish and general knowledge or digital channels.
• Understanding of the paid, owned and earned ecosystem and experience in leveraging and optimizing a brand experience within this.
• Intermediate knowledge of cross-channel attribution tools.
• Experience briefing a team of specialists to deliver above approach.
• Solid and up-to-date understanding of media and the changing media landscape. Strong digital knowledge and familiarity with traditional media (OOH, TV, Print, etc.).
• Ability to explain complex and technical approaches in simple language that is relevant and meaningful to general marketers.
• Hunger and curiosity to drive innovation and uptake of emerging platforms and new ideas.
• Energy and drive to constantly rise to the challenge; creative problem solver.
• As a leader, to gain client confidence and motivate a team.
• A team player, to command respect, ensure delivery and contribute to the team goal.
• Have developed communication briefs or annual strategy with digital insights (display, social, search, mobile/tablet).
• In-depth knowledge and passion for strategy, digital, innovation, global, and analytics.
• High attention to detail, aesthetics and creativity.
• PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Web 2.0: Dropbox, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Docs, etc
• Digital Tools/Solutions: MediaMind, Dynamic Logic, Nielsen Net Rating, Comscore, AdRelevance, eMarketer, Forrester, Google Insights, Facebook Insights, WARC, Google Analytics, MRI, PointRoll, Vizu, DCM, Omniture, Adobe Audience Manager.
• Social Media: Familiarity with developing, optimizing and managing social media destinations and applications.
• Mobile: experience with mobile advertising and marketing campaigns, developing mobile ad units and user experiences in terms of campaigns and applications.
• Intimate knowledge of social and location-based platforms, programs, elements and practices, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +, Tumblr, Foursquare, YouTube, etc.
• Strategic knowledge in SEO tactics, SEM campaign management and strategy.
As an Associate Director, you will also need to demonstrate the following general skills:
• Communication: Marked by understanding and presenting ideas (verbal and written) in an accurate and organized way. Actively participates in meetings and project by sharing ideas, asking questions, and listening attentively. Keeps team members up-to-date on work and pending projects.
• Productivity: Strong ability to prioritize and act accordingly and display of a conscientious commitment to get the job done and juggle assignments efficiently.
• Innovation/Creativity: Challenges the status quo, offering proactive solutions and thoughts, continually trying to make things new, better, and different.
• Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Identifies potential solutions to problems and makes quality, rational decisions amid stressful times. Focuses on the “how”, not the “why not” is absolutely paramount to success in the Associate position.
• Teamwork: Willing to make personal sacrifices so that the team wins, proactively offering input and personal opinions but also supporting team decisions once made. A team player, must be able to create a positive environment for the team to flourish in.
• Relationship Building: Ability to start and cultivate positive working relationships with team members, partners/vendors, other parties within organization, and client is critical. Being accessible and always cognizant of improving relationships is critical.
• Strategic Thinking: Understands and actions upon client’s business objectives and chosen strategies and is capable of creating plans/tactics to move the business forward.
• Leadership and Management: The ability to take ownership and motivate others through personal actions and work product is critical, as is a natural passion for learning via direct feedback, training, and coaching and the desire to always improve. Must seek to inspire others through behavior and approach to the job.
• Media Fundamentals: Demonstrate strong understanding of media fundamentals, including media math, target audience development, and communication goals.
• Flexibility: Able to work flexible hours
• Global: Experience with or interest in other cultures, or living abroad.