|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Salary||To £40,000 dep on exp|
This is a management role within the Display division of a major global agency. The flagship client for this role is a major alcoholic beverages client. Running alongside this will be responsibility for medium and smaller accounts.
This role is to be a lead in the day to day running of your client’s Display (Print and Digital) media activity, as well as contribute to the team and company on a wider level.
Specifically, you will be charged with:
• Establishing yourself as the key go to Display contact for your clients
• Be a force for integration amongst different teams and activation disciplines
• Manage internal relationships with other teams, as well as external relationships with clients, suppliers and 3rd parties
• A thorough, expert understanding of media market dynamics, and the ability to confidently articulate a point of view, and thought leadership, to senior clients and suppliers
• Advanced trading and negotiation (as well as the ability to nurture junior talent in these skills)
• Act as a problem solver, not only in creating solutions for client, but through identifying process fixes and better ways of working
• Proactivity deliver insight, ideas, and innovation to clients, in the pursuit of both business results and award winning campaigns
• Line management of juniors, with responsibility for their wellbeing, workflows, and learning and development (inclusive of appraisals twice a year)
• Involvement in the recruitment process (interviewing and assessing future candidates)
• Delivery of best practice planning and buying product. As Manager you will have ultimate responsibility of all your teams’ output – strong rationales informed by data, rigorously thought out plans, accurate and insightful reporting, etc.
• Cascading best practice down to junior team members, inclusive of financial due diligence and their completion of administrative tasks.
• Contribution to New Business workflows (pricing grids/ written submission/ idea development and presentation / managing account transitions)
We are looking for someone who can come in and immediately make an impact. This person should exude confidence and be able to motivate, educate and aid the development of more junior resource (who could have up to 3 years’ experience). Whilst the successful candidate will be well supported, it is expected that they should be able to ‘hit the ground running’, and for the most part be able to manage their team autonomously.
At manager level you will ideally have had valuable exposure to both approaches, although this is not essential – this role is focused primarily on those with a Brand background. For this specific role a Digital background is preferred, although those candidates with valuable print / publisher experience is an added benefit.
The successful candidate will need to have:
• Experience in planning and buying digital media
• Strong leadership qualities, including experience in team management
• Great negotiation skills and commercial appreciation
• A logical and analytical skillset
• Understanding of the digital marketplace, inclusive of ad-tech and programmatic opportunities
• Excellent relationships with media owners
• The ability to learn new processes and technology quickly
• The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; working under pressure and prioritise workload
• A proactive approach to guiding and facilitating training for less experienced colleagues
• A positive, motivating personality
• Excellent English communication skills – written and spoken
• 3-4+ years relevant experience
It is preferred that the successful candidate will also have:
• An understanding of the Print marketplace (or an appetite to learn how integrated planning can across Print and Digital can deliver better plans)
• Familiar with a range of media technology (will have worked with standard ad servers i.e. Sizmek, DoubleClick, Flashtalking and Viewability products e.g. Integral AdScience)
• Capable of using media planning tools
• Comfortable talking about the range of media opportunities and creative formats in the market, across desktop, video, tablet, mobile and native
• A people person with ability to communicate to those at all levels who will have various levels of digital knowledge
• Eager to find new and innovative ways of meeting client objectives
• Interested in and experienced with technology.