|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Salary||To £50,000 (dep on exp)|
The purpose of the Digital Development Director is to work on a cross section of agency clients and ensure the agency is leading the industry in digital thinking and execution. A key requirement is integrated communications planning to deliver against long and short term client business objectives. Additionally, the role is involved in creating and leading new solutions outside of paid media to inform, complement and deliver more holistic benefits to clients.
The Digital Development Director will report into the Managing Partner Digital and will inject strong digital thinking into existing client delivery as well as new business pitches. By working with specialist delivery teams the Digital Development Director will work to ensure their digital product is best in class strategically and operationally.
Essence of the role
- Key strategic driver for a cross section of clients (TBC) in digital. The right candidate will drive maximum use of digital where relevant, layer digital in an interesting and innovative way to deliver real value to the plan and client business. Additionally, the candidate will play a lead role at senior level meetings concerning campaign activity (e.g. QBRs, Buying reviews and annual strategy setting).
- Full ownership of digital elements of media responses as well as leadership and delivery of non-media projects such as SEO, data strategy, personalisation, attribution and measurement frameworks.
- Be a key transformation agent alongside Business Directors in the strategic, commercial and operational capacity to help clients drive change in a fast changing, increasingly complex marketing landscape
- Be expert in the team on adtech and martech technology such as adservers, attribution, data management platforms and bid management systems to help drive solution design into client planning teams and drive implementation of those as part of digital transformation roadmaps.
- The role sits within planning but essentially draws closer strategy, planning, buying, trading and production. The Digital Development Director will work closely with all parties to create strong client brief responses, annual client roadmaps, ensure operationally we deliver a strong product from planning to delivery and reporting results.
- Working with planners and strategists alike the Digital Development Director will inject strong digital thinking into client delivery, define future vision on specified clients as well as help shape the agency’s digital agenda and capabilities, co-developing these where required.
- Overall responsibility and accountability for the creation and communication of annual client development roadmap that supports the continual development of digital and related areas, and delivers against client and agency objectives.
- The role is naturally involved in creating and driving new solutions outside of paid media to inform, complement and deliver more holistic benefits to our clients. Strong commercial mindset required and willingness to challenge yourself.
- Actively contribute to strategic thinking in digital within the agency leveraging the best technologies, partners, internal capabilities and thinking to ensure Starcom is leading the industry in digital thinking and execution as a key part of is integrated communications planning.
- Ensure consistent communication of our thinking right through to activation and ultimately reporting
- Provide a conduit between planning and delivery teams (Precision Marketing, Content and Analytics functions) to deliver project work
Candidate background: You’re currently in a senior digital planning or activation role, already at AD level and ideally working on a brand client. You have overall good knowledge of what roles and solutions digital can add to campaign planning as well understand the paid, owned and earned ecosystem to help drive more connected and sophisticated delivery in non-paid environments. Programmatic understanding is a must.
- Ability to lead digital vision with senior clients, inspire and improve their digital understanding and foster trusting relationships
- Ability to lead and deliver digital education strategy with clients and internally with planning teams
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills to simplify complex digital concepts
- Help lead, shape and expand client strategy and tactical planning activities across digital through a strong understanding of client business and insight of the target market. Ultimately helping clients successfully build profitable, long-term relationships with their customers.
- Full understanding of programmatic capabilities, able to talk independently in client meetings and with wider client team
- Architect innovative and highly effective digital marketing strategies, communication plans and integrated solutions.
- Drive culture of learning in digital tools, case studies, new partners and techniques
- Effectively land digital solutions with planning teams and clients to drive client business
- Ensure you are viewed as the integral link for the client between comms planning and digital specialist / activation teams
- Champion of integrated and ingrained digital specialism in the way we bring solutions to our clients across digital and offline media for the benefit of the agency and client results. Inspire others to work to the same ethos.
- Proactively inspire clients and agency talent alike with digital thinking, activation and results
- Consistently seek out and drive the use of a variety of data sources to validate planning, test new ideas and prove performance (efficiency and effectiveness)
- Maintain strong and trusting relationships with Business Directors, Strategists and digital strategy team and proactively offer support where digital strategy can support
- Partner with key vendors/internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for custom research, pilot/test new measurement platforms
- Excellent relationships with senior level trading partner contacts
- Ensure the best thinking, innovation and ideas are applied to the account by internal delivery teams (Precision marketing teams, content teams, Data & Analytics, Research), challenge where necessary
- Ensure our internal process supports client teams to deliver for their clients and our best thinking enters responses to briefs.
- High sense of ownership, drive, agenda setting
- Ability to mobilise a team of activation and content creators to brainstorm an initial response to brief and have them refine it
- Strong ability to create a role for digital strategy outside of mere digital buying, leveraging media owners, strategists and other internal and externally available resources
- Good understanding of digital tracking technologies and methodologies
- Excellent communication and project management skills seeing projects and campaigns through from response to brief to final billing and PCA.