|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
|Salary||To £50,000 (dep on exp) + bonus|
About The Company~
An award-winning content marketing agency specialising in membership communications based in central London
They produce magazines and digital content for over 40 clients and have a commercial team of 16 people selling across print, digital, events, sponsorship and webinars.
About the Sales Team
Employees are encouraged to use their initiative to improve their skills and abilities; whether this is identifying training courses that you feel may benefit you or going to trade shows in the UK or abroad. If you can demonstrate the potential benefits there is nothing to stop you spending more time out meeting your clients than at your desk on the phone!
It is a dynamic and sociable group. Cross portfolio selling is actively encouraged and there is a strong team ethos with regular meetings to share ideas and success stories.
Description of the role
The Group Advertising Manager is in charge of ensuring maximum profitability across a given portfolio whilst maintaining the relationship with the Think clients. They play a senior role in resource allocation, knowledge share and employee development.
This role will be managing theEngineering portfolio consisting of three clients and managing a team of three.
The role would suit an individual with a strong track record of identifying gaps in markets as well as developing and implementing the correct products to take advantage of the opportunity.
• Attendance at key industry events, including international travel.
• Development of innovative, commercially sound ideas working directly with the Client to implement new initiatives
• Take overarching commercial responsibility for all accounts within their portfolio
• Good understanding of all accounts in the portfolio
• Take responsibility for commercial relationship with Client
• Run commercial Client meetings
• Take ownership for identifying needs and implementing changes to advertising strategies as required
• Ensure time allocations across accounts are achieving account targets and maximising profitability
• Allocation of advertising clients amongst the team.
• Approval of all sales strategies within their group
• Set resource and team strategy
• Represent the company/ the client at industry events as required
• Provide reporting to Sales/ Commercial Director
• Ultimate responsibility for team and delivery of KPIs
• Up-to-date knowledge of advertising industry and trends
• Ultimate responsibility for the development and management of team members.
• Manage and implement changes to resourcing across team as required
• Sign off new roles and recruit as required
• Make salary and commission recommendations to Sales Director
• Represent team in senior management discussions and feedback
• Work with the Sales Director and other Group Advertising Managers to share insight and improve department
• Monitor and address any issues in relation to deviation from management accounts sales targets
• Prepare documentation and proposals and deliver to key advertising clients as required
• Take ownership of running individual accounts as required
• Ownership of liaison with Account Management, Production and Finance teams as required
• Identify areas for process efficiencies and implement as required
• Full understanding of accounts profitability
• Use understanding of multiple accounts to inform innovation and efficiency across all accounts
• Ultimate responsibility for all adverts in magazines going to press, from your portfolio.
• Manage relationship with accounts.
• Contribute to commercial elements of new business pitches as required.
• Strong communication skills (written and oral)
• Strong work ethic
• Strong numeracy skills
• Well presented
• Motivator of self and others
• Innovative / Desire to push things forward
• Flexibility/ versatility
• Organisational skills
• Collaboration skills
• Cross platform media knowledge
• Comfortable with presentations to C suite
• At least five years industry experience
• At least two years management experience