|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
|Salary||To £24,000 (dep on exp) + bonus|
A fantastic opportunity for someone with a years experience in media at a leading corporate Trading/Bartercompany.
This role provides direct support to the Media Manager – Broadcast & Digital and Head of Media to maximise trading capabilities aligned to department strategy to drive increased revenue and profit as well as being accountable for assigned accounts relevant to their team patch of business focussing on broadcast and digital mediums. The role contributes to the day-to-day administration and should liaise closely with Media Coordinators to ensure
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
• Implement the required strategic vision and plan for the development of assigned accounts and media partners,
as directed by the Media Manager and Head of Media.
• Responsible for the performance across assigned accounts.
• Maximise billings for Active clients whilst optimising ownerships by medium and media owner.
• Ensure traded billings deliver against agreed agency and client KPIs.
• With Media Manager guidance, influence and persuade media partners on the acceptance of barter as payment
for media space and conduct such trades on behalf of Active’s clients across Broadcast & Digital.
Support the Media Manager to explore and create deal structures with the relevant media partners, ensuring
suitable account management practices are followed.
• Implement agreed strategy for optimal draw-down of inventory positions, presenting commercially advantageous solutions to core agency contacts. • Provide support to Media Manager to ensure ‘barter friendly’ solutions are promoted and presented consistently
to increase client & agency return (i.e. increasing traded billings or return %), and ad-hoc opportunities (i.e.
sponsorships or short-term).
• Demonstrate ability to competently present barter to media partners and agencies.
• Ensure tradability of existing clients is managed effectively with relevant agency contacts, including compilation of
pipeline for existing clients via each agency.
• Ensure all bookings and P&Ls are completed and uploaded in an accurate and timely manner, providing the Media
Coordinator(s) all appropriate information and insight.
• Help the Media Manager identify, build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at media agencies
(i.e. barter contacts and Investment points) and media partners.
• Work alongside Head of Media to identify products and services most attractive to our core media partners.
• Support Travel & Events and Business Services drive to deliver point of difference to media partners.
• Utilise systems (IPA, Salesforce, IPOWS, etc.) effectively to maximise efficiencies and generation of accurate
historical/live information for both internal and external partners.
• Coach and mentor less experienced members of the Media team, and show strong work ethic, attention to detail
and effective time management.
• Support Media Manager to compile your Development Plan and work to agreed objectives.
• Seek opportunities to work with other departments to increase internal knowledge, and work independently to grow
understanding of the media and barter industries.
• Promote team self-development.
• Provide Media support when required to the Finance department to ensure invoicing is seamless, queries are solved
in a timely manner, and they are made aware of factors that will impact their roles and responsibilities.
• Work alongside peers and other departments to plan strategies and coordinate efforts to achieve goals.
• Contribute to department & company meetings and encourage adoption of company culture & values.
• Develop strong understanding of all mediums and support the Media Manager to champion your allocated lead
medium, ensuring continued education for the rest of the business at quarterly presentation updates.
• Ensure the Media Manager is kept fully informed on any developments that may require their input or may impact
their internal or external dealings.
• Identify and implement improvements to company practices.
• Prepare reports and ensure contracts are executed as required.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as shall be assigned to you from time to time.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• A self-starter with ambition to understand Active as a whole and not just their own responsibilities.
• Experience within the Media industry in a client/external facing role.
• Ability to absorb direction and fulfil internal and external directives.
• Positive can-do attitude.
• Comfortable in an environment committed to transformation and ability to adapt to the market.
• Driven to achieve individual and group targets, goals & deadlines.
• Able to lead effectively, regardless of management experience.
• An effective communicator with excellent attention to detail.
• Competent with Microsoft Office applications.