|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
|Salary||£30,000 + very generous bonus|
One of the world’s leading media & entertainment and radio companies. It is home to some of the biggest and most loved media brands in the UK
Global has more than 1,600 people working at 32 broadcast centre’s and offices around the UK and the US and in France and Germany.
You will join their 180 strong, award-winning commercial team in London. As a Media Manager doing Client sales you will be the first point of contact and face of the company within the London Client market place. This position forms part of our central sales team whose purpose is to strategically win and grow advertising revenue by working collaboratively with other internal teams to create best in class advertising campaigns across all our platforms (radio, digital, content, data, sponsorship).
You’ll be primarily responsible for delivering a yearly revenue target. This will be achieved by pitching to clients and brands directly with advertising solutions including Airtime, Content Solutions and Digital. Your potential client base comes from London Direct Sector, PR Firms and Boutique Independent Agencies in London. You will be required to drive new business continuously through proactivity, it’s important that you build relationships working with clients to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process and account management is delivered from start to finish.
It’s a team effort which means you will be required to work collaboratively within your own team and depending on the client solutions you will be required to work across different specialist areas such as Content Solutions, Client Strategy, Digital and other Media Managers to best answer our clients’ campaign brief.
You will be a customer centric sales person, striving to improve their ways of working, exceeding client expectations and developing a market leading reputation.
Through their fantastic on-boarding and training, you will become a subject matter expert ensuring customers are completely informed about products, industry news and any other relevant information they need.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND BEHAVIOURS
To demonstrate weekly how you have built a successful track record of delivering short term and long-term client partnerships.
To enter the best sales department, you must love the ‘buzz’ you get from closing a sale and enjoy the back and forth that usually takes place with clients. This role is for someone with charisma, confidence and an earnest desire to rise and be the best.
You must have the experience and ability to manage work under pressure, meet deadlines and hit targets.
Can demonstrate your strategic mind set through the production of well researched quarterly business plans including identifying new target clients, lead generation, missed spenders, threats and challenges.
Show us you’re a team player and can demonstrate how you have worked collaboratively with cross-functional teams and clients to continuously identify new business opportunities and maximise revenue for your team and the wider Global business.
Ultimately this is a client facing sales role, you must be prepared to pick up the phone, make new contacts and get out and about in town, face to face selling
ON A WEEKLY BASIS:
• Generating new business revenue from across the London & potentially International Marketplace
• Identifying new clients and opportunities, being client facing
• Preparing weekly forecasts by building a pipeline of business across the client patch you will work within
• Maintaining Salesforce daily, ensuring that your activity and client information is accurate and updated
• Account Managing the clients you secure, by developing and building meaningful relationship so they become regular advertisers
• Being a valuable member of the team is very important, contributing ideas in meetings and sharing knowledge imperative
• Constantly learning about the company, what they can offer and what can they do for clients
THE IDEAL PERSON WOULD COME WITH:
• Engaging personality, will stand out in a crowd
• A media background would be useful but isn’t essential for this role – amazing negotiating and sales skills are though!
• Organised and able to manage time and juggle workloads effectively, so team targets are meet on a weekly basis
• Must be confident. you must be confident in presenting, confident in negotiating, confident in building sales arguments, confident to be the best!