|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Job Ref||HD 3811|
|Salary||up to £45,000 dependent on experience|
Job Title: Account Director
Overall Role Description:
Working alongside the BD, you’ll be the key day-to-day contact for clients and internal investment teams as well as the “gate-keeper” of all client work.
The AD will be responsible for much of the ongoing management of primary accounts and with some further secondary accounts whilst actively contributing to the management, training and development of individuals within their team in conjunction with the Business Director. This includes leading annual performance reviews & setting objectives.
The accounts are the optimum blend of account management, strategy and media planning. We are looking for someone who thrives on organisation and attention to detail, whilst loving flexing their media planning muscles and developing/writing recommendations which meet the business outcome objective.
The accounts are fast-paced and involve first-rate prioritisation and multi-tasking. You’ll find yourself speaking to clients daily (usually more!), so enjoying building relationships and having excellent client handling skills are a must.
Externally facing, the Account Director should represent the Blue 449 culture and collaborative ‘Open Source’ proposition at all times whether dealing with clients, media owners, agencies or new business prospects.
What are you tasked with?
• Managing the creation, direction and on-going development of your client’s media strategy
• Develop and write media recommendations, uncovering insight to drive strategies
• Injecting innovation into clients media solutions
• Ultimate quality control of all plan execution
• Management and development of juniors within your team.
• Being a valued new business contributor – strategy, ideas, and overseeing plan development
Knowledge, skills and attitude required
• Strong communications planning skills, from your significant experience in a similar role.
• An excellent working knowledge of all media.
• High degree of financial acumen.
• The capability and desire to build relationships with clients, partners and creative agencies.
• The aptitude to drive teamwork and the mentorship of the junior members of your team.
• Be an ideas person, excited to brainstorm new approaches and solutions for clients. Facilitation skills are critical.
• A strong collaborator who is skilled at bringing together teams to ensure smart strategic thinking and excellent channel planning.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional account and time management skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
The ideal candidate would:
• Have very strong planning experience, having worked their way up through a communications planning team at an another agency.
• Have team management experience
• Have worked on a retail or large fast paced account
One account has an annual spend of £35m in the UK and they require a hardworking, multi-channel plan to drive strong sales, coupled with more brand-led activity that drives the brand forward in the long term.
This is an exciting period of change for them, where a new creative agency has developed a fresher, edgier brand world and a long term strategic alignment with Gaming, which recently launched and we need to land with consumers!
Its a fast paced account so the ability to adapt to the changing briefs and requirements for clients is key. As a multi-channel account, knowledge and experience across all channels is critical. Along with several client contacts, the client works with multiple agencies so ability to manage & develop relationships is important.
Antoher client spends over £4m with media at both a “national” and “regional” level. The challenge is twofold, drive brand awareness at both a national and centre level, as well as continue footfall momentum and ultimately revenue for retailers.
There is multiple stakeholder engagement so ability to manage and develop strong relationships is important. As a Multi-channel account, knowledge and experience across all channels is critical.
Benefits and Perks
• 25 days holiday
• Lifecover (4 x salary)
• Permanent health insurance (3/4 of gross salary index linked up to the age of 60)
• Pension scheme
• Subsidised canteen
• Free breakfast
• Free eye tests, £50 off first pair of glasses
• Dental insurance at reduced rates
• Corporate rate gym membership (Fitness First)
• Season ticket travel loan
• Bike to work scheme member
• All-company monthly ‘Skint Night’ socials
Other things to know:
Training is critical to our people’s development and we have a strong training programme in place for all seniority levels.
There are circa 220 people and the office has a lively culture. We like to spend time together, for example every year the whole company goes abroad for a weekend conference. In recent years we have been to Berlin, Prague, Barcelona and Lisbon. It is an amazing opportunity to get to know each other.