|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Salary||To £32,000 (dep on exp)|
Overall role description
As a key day-to-day contact for clients and internal investment teams, you will be responsible for much of the ongoing management of the account. Developing media strategy proposals and ensuring they are translated into cost efficient, ‘on brief’ media plans by the Investment teams whilst remaining within agreed budget levels.
Having some existing management experience, you will be keen to build on this by actively contributing to the mentoring, training and development of your direct reports in conjunction with the Account Director.
Externally facing, the Account Manager should represent the agency culture and collaborative proposition at all times whether dealing with clients, media owners, agencies or new business prospect
Knowledge, skills and attitude required:
• A good working knowledge of all media
• Ability to present clearly and confidently to clients, articulate the agency recommended position and help sell in proposals and plans.
• Confidence to develop and write media recommendations with the support of their AD including the ability to uncover insight to drive strategies
• Solutions-orientated attitude that ensures that the best possible solutions are delivered at all times.
• Numerate and articulate, with the ability to command the respect of clients and internally.
• A good degree of financial aptitude is key to ensure accurate client budgeting, accounting & reporting.
• The aptitude to foster team spirit and the development of individuals under your auspices
• Be an ideas person, excited to brainstorm new approaches and solutions for clients.
• Enjoy collaboration
The ideal candidate would:
• Have c.3 years planning experience
• Some team management experience
• Have worked on a retail or large fast paced account
The client is a fundamental pillar of the agency business.
The account presents a fantastic opportunity to test & learn on a variety of different channels as it is across the entire media mix. In addition, it is a leading digital spender within the agency and is leading the way on digital planning and the use of programmatic.
Partnerships with media owners are key, it is important to be able to write excellent briefs and generate strong creative ideas to deliver a large number of creative solutions partnerships throughout the year.
Close collaboration with the creative, PR and social is critical to the running of the account.
Core challenges for the team – guiding clients through all of this whilst keeping a strong handle on all of the day to day business of a busy and successful retailer.
Once the successful candidate is settled there are opportunities to work on a secondary account. They will also contribute to new business as/when appropriate.