|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
|Salary||£70,000 plus bonus and benefits|
A fantastic role at a major outdoor media company. The Regional Director will be responsible for generating revenue, ensuring profitability, management of a team and accountability for delivering nearly £20 million per annum.
Outstanding client direct contacts, P and L experience, team management and strong commercial acumen are key for this leadership role and a renowned outdoor company.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Media Local Director, the role holder of this business, revenue and profit critical position will manage our high performing Local teams in Central and Inner London to ensure they deliver on commercial and development goals through the implementation of the regional sales and marketing strategy that you will play a lead role in both developing and implementing. You will take accountability for delivering in excess of £19m of revenue per year and achieving annual growth targets as set by the business.
Acting as both an external and internal business facing ambassador for their region, you will join with the Local Director and other Regional Directors in delivering success through inspirational leadership and management while delivering industry leading commercial results.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Deliver inspirational leadership so that your people are managed and developed to achieve business and team results.
• Develop and nurture the best team culture and values that give an exceptional people experience for your team from induction through to after leaver care. This includes all line management accountabilities; absence management, 121s and annual reviews.
• Lead and manage the team through the Sales Manager, agreeing sales performance and revenue targets and using metrics to monitor performance. Build and maintain regular contact with your team through dual calling and continual constructive feedback.
• Engage with your team through regular one to ones that nurture your people and enable them to deliver in their roles.
• Build a People Plan that is both ambitious and focused on getting the best for and from your team.
• Understand, respect and use all the skills of your team – building a talent pipeline that is fit for the future.
• Identify and address any performance issues professionally and efficiently using business support correctly
• Define structure and deliver the regional sales and marketing strategy ensuring that it is aligned and flexes with the business targets. Implement the business plan with your team and ensure that they are passionate in delivering it.
• Own all the financial targets and accountabilities for your region including: delivering commercial targets for profit and revenue including hitting target; identifying and implementing opportunities for over achievement; growing revenue across all asset base so that annual targets are met or exceeded; increasing price and volume.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of your region’s fact, figures and performance using this to take your, your region’s and the business’s success further.
• Own all reporting so that forecasts are provided on time and accurately through your team to the Local Director.
• Work collaboratively, professionally and positively across the business to ensure robust back office support, delivery and feedback and engage with the Franchise team by contributing support to develop a regional plan to win new contacts.
• Become the Ambassador making the business famous in their region through: networking with other internal and external leaders across all industries; promoting the business through attendance at local, national and relevant events; developing partnerships and sponsorships; aiming high by winning local, regional and national awards relevant to your team; celebrating the success of your team.
• As part of the leadership team, you’ll deputise for your peers and the Director.
• Work collaboratively and unselfishly so your role may well encompass other reasonable tasks and duties.
• Articulate a clear message to persuade and influence others to gain support for ideas or actions in the best interest of the organisation.
• Understand one’s audience and adapt a message or presentation in order to achieve support and results.
Client Partner Focus:
• Work with internal and / or external clients and partners to understand their priorities and success measures.
• Build positive relationships, looking for win-win solutions in order to drive growth and performance for the good of the organisation.
• Understand, respect and respond to others priorities and needs, working in partnership to achieve best outcomes that benefit the organisation as a whole.
• Break down barriers and overcome obstacles, recognising other departments as internal customers and identifying ways to share information to achieve desired results.
• Set standards and goals for self and others that will result in achieving and exceeding expectations.
• People focused, engaging and vibrant leader
• Sets and achieves personal targets to continually stretch and develop
• High ambiguity tolerance!
• Swaps easily between the skills needed to get the job done
• Knows how to get the best from their team
• Grits teeth and get on with the detail when needed
• Leads by example and manages team for success
• Continually learns through great awareness of self and others
• Positive and resilient character
• Delivers flexible and innovative solutions
• Exceptional numeracy and literacy skills to lift the role to another level
• Robust, practical and evidenced commercial acumen including management of P&L accounts, profit generation and revenue delivery
• Passionate about your role, the business and team
• Enjoys change and takes others on the journey with them
• Good social and digital media knowledge
• Very comfortable with reporting including drafting from scratch
• Adroit presenter with an engaging and professional style
• Thought and ideas leader for the team
• Strong analytical skills and comfortable managing data for reporting - – good track record in dealing with volume sales data and analysis for target delivery and growth
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (full suite)
• Consistent track record of delivering exceptional sales performance in regional lead or sales role – preferably FMCG or equivalent commercial environment
• Presented to external and internal groups as part of own development
• Commercial degree or equivalent (2:1 or above)
• Good academic record with GCSEs in Maths and English
For more and to apply contact Nikki Shack on email@example.com or call 07824 549 403.