|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
|Salary||£40,000 plus bonus|
Why this Company?
The company operates the UK’s largest campus media network across leading university and college student unions. In addition, they have the largest in-store media network in the UK providing solutions for blue chip advertisers, such as P&G, Nestle and Visa, across Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and other retailer stores. The company also operates the UK’s leading Retail Park media network -the Retail Parks network offers illuminated “6-sheet” poster sites in high impact, proximity locations. Since 2011 our client has rolled out HD Digital “6-sheet” panels across a number of UK wide campuses –our client now boasts an on campus D6 network of 300 screens.
As a Senior Account Manager / Account Director you will have full responsibility for a portfolio of designated agencies, supporting your line manager to drive growth and generate maximum revenue across the wider specialist patch, consistently working on new initiatives to create key sales opportunities for new and existing clients.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Support your line manager in creating and implementing the strategic vision for developing the Kinetic and Rapport patch, ensuring high levels of client servicing at all times and maximum revenue generation across your assigned accounts.
• You will be responsible for the overall performance of a select portfolio of agencies and clients, seen externally as the go to day-to-day contact across your agency patch.
• Create a 1-year business plan across your accounts, outlining what you want to achieve and areas of focus, with support from your line manager.
• Manage weekly, quarterly and yearly spends, ensuring all targets set by the business at the start of the year are met and managed accordingly, providing weekly updates to your line manager on sales forecasts.
• Ensure all weekly meeting targets are met and exceeded across your agencies, as set out and agreed in your yearly KPI’s.
• Consistently work with the marketing and design teams to create regular, tailored content for your clients, this also includes exploring any opportunities across the companies networks throughout the year that offer short-term, value opportunities to clients.
• Ensure a high level of attention to detail is exhibited at all times, from internal publications to all external communications and any other relevant admin responsibilities.
• Build relationships with key contacts across your agencies, identifying key decision-makers and clients relevant to the offering.
• Work alongside your line manager to identify specific areas and clients of focus within your agencies, setting out clear strategies on how to attract and maintain these advertisers.
• Be the face of the company in your agencies, independently organising regular hot-desking sessions as well as social events, ensuring you are consistently front-of-mind with your clients.
• Provide regular updates to the sales team on all upcoming business, as well as contributing in all internal sales meetings.
• Ensure your line manager is kept up to date on any dealings or developments that may require their input or affect the wider specialist patch.
• Attend key industry events where relevant, staying up-to-date with all external industry advances, ensuring you are on top of what the competition are doing and expressing your opinion on how to stay relevant in the ever changing OOH sector.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Proven media sales experience, with at least 3-5 years selling to media agencies or specialists.
• Outdoor experience is preferable, but not essential.
• A self-starter who can work on their own initiative.
• Experience managing all difficult/challenging situations with minimal support from your manager.
• Confident and experienced in sales presentations, able to prepare and put together presentations for all client meetings independently.
• Driven to achieve all targets and KPI’s, working to all individual and group/company targets set.
• A willingness to learn and exhibit managerial skills, regardless of managerial experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally.
To apply contact Nikki Shack on email@example.com or call 07824 549 403