|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
|Salary||To £28,000 (dep on exp)|
As Planning Executive you will actively contribute to client service through supporting your team in the areas of strategy development, customer insight, maintenance of plan, and administrative management.
Reporting into the Planning Manager you will become a skilled planner able to translate target audience, the role of comms and detailed knowledge of media channels into robust and innovative media plans to help solve client’s business problems. As a core member of the team, you will work closely with the trading teams across AV, Display, PPC, and OOH together with the internal digital teams at Coty. You will assist in managing the planning process from start to finish.
You will need to develop an in depth understanding of the client’s business along with strong strategic communications planning skills in order deliver innovative and effective strategies through compelling stories / approaches, and work as part of a larger agency team to deliver those solutions.
You will also have opportunities to lead some projects with the support of the PM and PD, which will give you the autonomy to run certain campaigns (essential experience to becoming an PM after all).
The team is made up of 11 planners in total (1x Client Partner, 3x Planning Directors, 4x Planning Managers, 4x Planning Executives) so there are plenty of people to learn from and room to grow.
The clients is a leading Beauty business, a global leader in fragrances, salon hair and colour cosmetics. They are a lean business, fast paced and have ambitions to be the number one beauty business in world.
It is a constantly evolving and challenging account that will enable a Planning Executive to work across a number of market-leading brands, lead client conversations, deliver innovative media solutions and great ideas to our clients.
Together with their clients they are all part of a fast pace, dynamic team. We know their markets and products inside and out so it is imperative we feel like an extension of their brand team, giving them the best media solutions and marketing updates available.
Include but are not limited to:
- Support the Planning Manager in running the account flawlessly day-to-day, being the main point of contact for certain junior clients and requests
- To work with the Planning Manager to deliver effective media plans, follow up and material to clients
- To proactively deliver competitor analysis and insight which will be presented to clients
- To do audience analysis and uncovering insights
- To become a tools champion for the planning team (knowing how to use comfortably DEN, CRAFT, TGI, Neilson etc.)
- Be up to date with any market/category/competitive information that may help inform the team’s planning
- Liaising with and briefing buying teams
- Management of ad-hoc requests, briefing other functions where appropriate
- Staying on top of and completing tasks requested from our global teams
- Contribution to the company e.g. pitches, Percy club, Talent initiatives
- Attend relevant learning and training opportunities to build skillset as a media planner
- Circulate agendas and material in advance of meetings, preparing contact reports ensuring material is completed by the due date
- Work closely Beamly (the clients internal digital team), sharing of overview schematic to Beamly prior to the weekly status
- Consolidate Post Campaign Analysis and complete with the support of the manager
- Managing client finance process, completion of SOX forms upon receipt of every PO
Theyare looking for someone who is a strong communicator and team player who demonstrates passion and curiosity in their approach. they are looking for a hard-working individual who is keen to impress on colleagues and clients alike. They want someone who has the necessary skills to add value to their team. As such, this is what they need from you:
- Media planning experience
- Knowledge of relevant tools (TGI, Addynamix, Mintel etc)
- Previous experience in a client facing or customer service role
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage a diverse workload
- Strong presentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of Powerpoint and Excel
- Excellent client servicing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic implementational knowledge across all media
- Strong presentation skills (writing and delivery)
- Great team player
The behaviours expected of you (because these are the behaviours of our team):
- Positive and passionate approach that motivates those around you
- Eagerness to always be learning
- Confidence to independently manage workload
- Collaborative approach to working with other internal teams
- Willing to go above and beyond for a happy Manager/client
- A passion for the beauty, fragrances, luxury, or fashion category