|Location||London, United Kingdom|
Permanent Full Time
- MEDIA OWNER
|Salary||To £30,000 (dep on exp) + bonus|
A great opportunity at a leading outdoor company .
The Business Development Manager - Category is responsible for delivering campaigns for London based local authorities, health organisations and NGO’s across London and the wider UK where appropiate. The focus is to develop existing client relationships and patnerships and to source and build new client partnerships and generate incremental revenue opportunties.
Maximise revenue and revenue growth opportunities
• Building a diverse portfolio of public sector targets focused on creating relationships and new opportunities. Each category portfolio should consist of 30 – 40 clients.
• Understand and excel in the company full sales cycle from lead sourcing to final solution and managing the sales pipeline.
• Be at the forefront of the trends, innovations, mergers and acquisitions, new product development and emerging brands within your category. Understand and articulate the future vision of category to grow revenue.
• Manage tenders and the pitch process; ensuring every tender and pitch is unique and relevant to the client, are of consistently high quality; utilise existing experience, marketing and insight from within the business.
• Identifying clients’ business objectives and creating tailored proposals to deliver a sustainable campaign model for long term clients. All proposals will include relevant, insightful and engaging business solutions to influence the client’s media decisions.
• Act as an ambassador for business development across the digital and classic portfolio.
• Strong product knowledge to effectively sell and upsell based on client needs.
• Lead the relationship development of both existing and new clients in your area.
• Identify and build relationships with category influencers and business partners by attending events, networking sessions and hosting meetings to raise the company's profile externally.
• An experienced sales person that consistently exceeds KPI targets. Skilled in building new relationships and an ability to convert new business relationships into sales revenue.
• An in-depth understanding of the public sector landscape in London with contacts across the sector and the ability to work with individuals, groups and multiple buying points.
• Politically aware of the sector now and also the future paths and trends of the sector – the ability to ‘horizon scan’ and manage long term sales cycles
• Ability to set and deliver a high standard for insight, proposals and campaigns delivered to the client.
• Demonstrates expert knowledge on both client business issues and objectives and the company's diverse portfolio.
• Skilled at identifying potentials issues to ensure that time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients.
• Ability to demonstrate creative thinking, a quick and flexible approach to deliver timely solutions to complex briefs.
• In-depth and demonstrable knowledge of the Public Sector market across London, emerging trends, competitor and media and senior level contacts across the sector
• Ability to work and thrive in an autonomous environment; able to self-manage and drive performance in an ever changing and dynamic marketplace.
Communication and interpersonal skills;
• Able to drive value-add business conversations with clients.
• Strong questioning and listening skills with the ability to see the big picture and look at long term sustainable campaign plans.
• Effective networker and engaging presenter.
• Media experience is favourable but not required
Skills and Person Specification
• A track record in enhancing and building new and existing relationships across the Public Sector in London
• A background from a Media brand and proven track record of consistently exceeding individual targets in a Sales role.
• A proven track record in sales, building new business and growing existing client spend within the Public Sector category
• Extensive network in out of home media marketplace.
• Full clean UK Driving Licence