|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Job Type|| Permanent Full Time |
|Job Sector|| - MEDIA OWNER |
|Salary||£32,000 + Bonus|
A major national and regional news publisher in the UK, with influential and iconic brands.
Their brands have a long heritage of being a trusted source of news and information, with editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
The companies portfolio of websites extends to 41m Unique Users monthly, making their digital business the 5th largest digital publisher in the UK for audience volume.
They have a network of over 70 websites providing 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
Their staff are what makes them tick. Their talent, dedication, and enthusiasm are what drives them forwards and are their biggest asset. From the Board to every member of staff across the business, there is a pride in what they do and stand for.
In the ever-changing media environment they are always looking at new opportunities to invest in their brands and grow their audience, and as the landscape continues to evolve, it couldn’t be a more exciting time to be a part this company!
You would be joining an exciting department within the London, UK Commercial team which is responsible for all of the digital advertising revenue generated from direct relationships with client that have in-housed their digital media buying, as well as their most important betting and gaming clients and a number of independent, boutique digital agencies, this is a critical department to the success of the overall commercial floor and it’s continuing to grow as it diversifies and expands with market influences.
This is an exciting role for someone to take the next step in their career and be at the forefront of the changes happening within marketing departments as they get closer to the largest publishing and media owners in the UK.
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE
• Build, maintain and manage key strategic relationships with Agencies, Marketeers & In-house Programmatic Trading Desks.
• Develop and retain senior, revenue-influencing relationships with digital and mobile customers at a senior level within agencies -
both existing and new
• Drive the demand for programmatic and digital direct business within agency portfolio, in house trading desk, and client direct
using an analytical and data-led approach to find the best solution for our clients. Set and implement the digital sales strategy,
the growth of PG and PMP business through innovation and creativity.
• Develop an expert working knowledge of the digital portfolio and product, with the ability to confidently articulate their digital
sales story to their customer base with focus on in-housing programmatic
• Maintain, forecast and report digital and mobile revenue as part of overall digital revenue forecast on a weekly basis
• Work with Senior Management & Leadership Teams to ensure Advertiser and Client Relations within your portfolio are designed to
generate maximum revenue
• Maximise accuracy and minimise administrative errors within your team in day to day running of your portfolio
• Build strong working relationships with and support all areas of the business including Programmatic, Trading, Publishing, Finance,
Ad Ops and Invention to drive digital revenues and profitability, as well as the wider business (eg editorial and regional teams)
The suitable Candidate will have most, if not all of the skills and behaviours below:
• A passion for development and continued learning.
• Knowledge of the digital market with relationships within Programmatic, Independent Agencies & Client Direct being advantageous.
• Highly Numerate
• A key function of this role is to develop new business and garner new relationships; as such you must be able to demonstrate a
track record of bringing new business to the table and also sustaining and growing clients long term.
• Higher Education / Degree Education preferred. Minimum 2:2
• The right candidate will be a strong communicator with excellent written and oral presentation skills.
• They will naturally strive to be a high performance sales operator that gets things done in a timely, orderly fashion, taking
personal responsibility for their job.
• They will be a self-starting individual, prepared to go above and beyond their industry peers in service levels to our client base
• Ideally they will have a natural curiosity in our business, be knowledgeable and continually want to evolve and learn. Have natural
tenacity to question and grow as an individual and use this to drive revenue and opportunities